To load, unload, convey and stack cargo within the Terminal through the operation of various cargo handling equipment in compliance with the applicable standard operating procedure in order to optimise cargo operations.
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
1. Perform daily task on allocated machine prior to commencement of work in order to ensure operational integrity of equipment.
2. Complete daily task sheets, record equipment defects and advise supervisor of defects.
3. Replenish fuel and fluid levels of equipment.
4. Operate allocated equipment in accordance with applicable standard operating procedure and monitor equipment performance of the job.
5. Report accidents or incidents, which occur during performance of duty.
6. Ensure correct equipment/attachments are utilised during the performance of duties and change equipment as required to handle changing commodities.
7. Perform end of shift task.
Required Knowledge and Experience
What you’ll need
Minimum years of work experience:
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Transnet South Africa