To implement and manage a fully operational and effective legal compliance function in TPL. Specifically, to ensure that the function is aligned to Transnet Group Compliance, implement effective structures to adequately meet TPL’s needs and provide compliance support to all departments.
- Design and implement controls and procedures to ensure compliance with corporate governance and regulatory requirements.
- Formulate, implement and maintain all aspects of legal compliance in Transnet Pipelines.
- Collaborate with and provide input and support on high risk strategic initiatives.
- Compliance with internal controls based on audit reports/findings.
- Sound compliance risk management plans implemented .
- To ensure awareness is created of compliance and corporate governance in Transnet Pipelines.
- Disseminate regulatory developments within Transnet Pipelines.
- Collate comments and submit to Group Compliance
- Analyse regulatory requirements for specific relevancy within Transnet Pipelines.
- Consult and consider guidance and input from regulatory specialist.
- Ensure that the comments suitably address the impact on the business and operations.
- Provide guidance and training within Transnet Pipelines where required.
- Monitoring of high risk regulatory items.
- Updating the Regulatory Universe as per the BSC requirements.
- Disseminate the Transnet Pipelines Regulatory Universe.
- Prepare and submit monthly Compliance Report to Group Compliance.
- Prepare and submit monthly compliance Risk & Exposures to the OLT and OHS Meeting.
Qualifications & Experience:
LLB or equivalent legal degree, experience combined with up to 3 years’ experience in legal, compliance or risk management environment.
- Knowledge of Enterprise risk management concepts and frameworks.
- Knowledge of Transnet Operations and Corporate Governance Principles.
- Knowledge of research methodologies.
- Working knowledge of compliance policy, standards and process.
- Knowledge and understanding of the general business environment and associated legislation and regulatory compliance issues.
- Information Systems-understanding of the computer general and application environment and the related business risks.
- Knowledge of King Report on Corporate Governance for South Africa.
- Industry Knowledge of state owned enterprises, the dynamics of the Transnet Pipelines operations and petroleum industry.
- Engaging and interacting with people.
- Detail orientated.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Achieving results.
- Use of imagination to suggest a range of possible ways of dealing with the situation.
Mode of Application
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Transnet South Africa