The provision of an effective civil maintenance, repairs and new works service within NPA civil infrastructure to ensure the availability and reliability.
- Tiling (wall and floor) – marley tiles, ceramic, carpet tiles. General plumbing i.e. toilet, basin, showers. Sewer, remove and fit taps,
- Removes and fit new water pipes.
- Shoring –
- General Painting to building.
- Remove and install complete geyser system
- Build manholes
- Remove and replace defective, storm water covers, drains, gutters.
- Open blocked drains and sewerage
- Erect/repair signposts and boards
- Supervise and assist Process workers in digging holes and trenches.
- Supervise and assist process Workers in the Mixing concrete using shovel or concrete mixer.
- Cut and bend reinforcing for concrete work
- Rendering defective flooring
- Manufacture doors, windows and frames and sink/kitchen cupboards
- Operate carpentry/ heavy duty machinery
- Design water lines ( sizes of pipes) 15mm –325mm.
Qualifications & Experience:
- High school – grade 10
- Qualified trade tested artisan in one of the building trades, i.e. Bricklaying, Carpentry or plumbing
- Code 08 Drivers license.
- 3-5 years experience as an Artisan
- Knowledge of hand tools, materials and Equipment.
- Knowledge of safety signs
- Knowledge basic Fire fighting and first aid
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organising skills
- Supervisory skills
- Driving ( code 08)
Mode of Application
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Transnet South Africa